Vashon Island Junior Wrestling, The Rockbusters, is an organized group of co-ed wrestlers, ages 5-12 years old. Our coaches and staff are volunteers. We are a member of the Pierce County Wrestling Association. This association includes 21 junior wrestling clubs, divided into 4 Subdivisions, and includes some of the best competition in the Western United States. We are in the 2B Subdivision. Our club is run entirely by parents and volunteers. We hold elections for the officers. The offices are President, Secretary, Treasurer and Parent Representatives. We also have many committees on which parents are asked to serve. Please consider what committee you want to serve on this season.
- Ages 5 – 12. A birth certificate will be needed to verify age.
- Consent form completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Concussion form signed by guardian and wrestler.
- $100 per wrestler, including shorts and a team shirt. It also includes several match fees. Scholarships are available. See the handbook for more information.
- Wrestling shoes and headgear. We have a lending library if needed. Also, hair nets are required for longer hair. Never wear your wrestling shoes outside.