Tu/Th 6 PM – 7:00 for 8U
Tu/Th 6PM – 7:30PM for 9O
Wrestling room, above HS Lockers
Corey McIntyre – Head Coach
Shanti Escovedo – Assistant coach
Perlars Blomgren – 8U Coach
Vashon Island Junior Wrestling, The Rockbusters, is an organized group of co-ed wrestlers, ages 5-12 years old. Our coaches and staff are volunteers. We are a member of the Pierce County Wrestling Association. This association includes 20 junior wrestling clubs, divided into 4 divisions. Our club is run entirely by parents and volunteers. We hold elections for the officers. The offices are President, Secretary, Treasurer and Parent Representatives. We also have many committees on which parents are asked to serve. Please consider what committee you want to serve on this season.
Practice starts at 6PM sharp. Be there at 5:45 in order to put on shoes and be ready.
- Tuesday: experienced and dedicated 9O wrestlers. Practice will end at 7:30.
- Thursday: 9 and over, experienced and dedicated wrestlers. Practice will end at 7:30.
Please bring your wrestler up to the room by 5:45 PM so that shoes and head gear are on by 6:00 PM. Same goes for pick-ups. Coaches are required to stay with the kids up in the room until picked up by a parent, so please don’t make them wait and do not ask that your wrestler to meet you downstairs or in the car park.
- Ages 5 – 12. A birth certificate will be needed to verify age.
- Consent form completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Concussion form signed by guardian and wrestler.
- $100 per wrestler, including shorts and a team shirt. It also includes several match fees. Scholarships are available. See the handbook for more information.
- Wrestling shoes and headgear. We have a lending library if needed. Also, hair nets are required for longer hair. Never wear your wrestling shoes outside.
Participant in Vashon Sports and Vashon Parks. We encourage all of our athletes to play other sports.