10/24 – Sign-ups 7:00 – 8:30, VHS Hall
11/4 – 1st Practice 5:45 PM, VHS
11/6 – 2nd Practice 5:45 PM, VHS
Mo/We 6 PM – 7:00 for 8U
Mo/We 6 PM – 7:30PM for 9O
Wrestling room, above HS Lockers
Perlars Blomgren – Head Coach
Jan Nielson, Shanti Escovedo
Chris York, Aaron Moe
Vashon Island Junior Wrestling, The Rockbusters, is an organized group of co-ed wrestlers, ages 5-12 years old. Our coaches and staff are volunteers. Our club is run entirely by parents and volunteers. We hold elections for the officers. The offices are President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. We also have many committees on which parents are asked to serve. Please consider what committee you want to serve on this season.
Practice starts at 6PM sharp. Be there at 5:45 in order to put on shoes and be ready.
- Monday: beginning 8U wrestlers. Practice will end at 7:00.
- Tuesday: experienced and dedicated 9O wrestlers. Practice will end at 7:30.
- Wednesday: beginning 8U wrestlers. Practice will end at 7:00.
- Thursday: 9 and over, experienced and dedicated wrestlers. Practice will end at 7:30.
Please bring your wrestler up to the room by 5:45 PM so that shoes and head gear are on by 6:00 PM. Same goes for pick-ups. Coaches are required to stay with the kids up in the room until picked up by a parent, so please don’t make them wait and do not ask that your wrestler to meet you downstairs or in the car park.
- Ages 5 – 12.
- Consent form completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Concussion form signed by guardian and wrestler.
- $125 per wrestler, including shorts and a team shirt. Scholarships are available.
- Wrestling shoes and headgear. We have a lending library if needed. Also, hair nets are required for longer hair. Never wear your wrestling shoes outside.
Participant in Vashon Sports and Vashon Parks. We encourage all of our athletes to play other sports.